Friday, November 16, 2007

to excited to sleep

the best thing about today was finding out that Cara will be allowed to substitute for the teachers aides at the magnet school from now on. YAY! yet another reason to be proud of her. :)

also...today confirmed my fear... i can NOT sew during the day before i am going to work third shift.

after making a quick trip to new london (Cara needed items that she forgot here at home, so i brought them to her job) i came straight home and began sewing up a demo makeup zip bag to bring to work this evening. it looks great. earthy tone geometric on the outside and rootbeer floats and sundeas on the cotton liner fabric inside. no pattern, just the tutorial i saw a link to @ flickr. this one is nice and formed/firm cuz i used stiff sew-in bonding. and now i'm not tired. even after a big bowl full of beef barley stew.

i'll have to stick to housework and errends before night shift. color me disappointed.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time