Saturday, November 10, 2007

newest stash


newest stash
Originally uploaded by mobyclick
i already have orders for green and/or red aprons from the girls at work! yipee! the only little problem is that i slept just 4 hours today. then tiffany wanted to go see The Bee Movie @ 4:15 in Lisbon Landing. http://www.beemovie.com long story short is i'm pooped and all i managed to do was make some homemade mac n cheese and then cut out 1.5 aprons.

i adjusted the shapes of the pieces a little. side panels are more generous, and longer. the center panel is longer and has a rounded bottom. i'm going to put black rickrack along the bottom center panel (made with the red and white peppermint stripe fabric in the pic). then at the top of the bib i will add snow white eyelet instead of gingham ruffles.

i got 0.5yards of the center panel fabrics and it looks like it will be exactly enough. somehow i need to figure out the total amount of fabric i need for the black panels. it's near to 0.66yards.

also, it's important for me to figure out a way to finish all the seams if i'm going to be charging for it.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time