Thursday, January 03, 2008

ouch


been sewing all day, bent over the ironing board, cutting, sewing at the machine with my shoulders and neck in a bunch (iknow, iknow, i try to remember to R E L A X but sometimes i fo-git) and now i have to stop for the night.

i wish it was done NOW because i want to wear it, or maybe even give it to my Mama. she used to enjoy aprons. she actually used to wear one of the snapped front kind that resembles a smock every day. she wore them until they fell apart. same as her hand sewn house dresses. one summer she whipped up 8 of them within a few days. she had a metal heavy-duty singer, with a knee pedal. it was the only material thing she really treasured.

*sigh* she was fun back then. now it's different, and i know she can't really help it, but the thing is that NOW we could be doing so much together if only she wasn't so very ill.

tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer, and i will finish my apron and go see her for a bit.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time