Tuesday, June 03, 2008

love hate relationship w/soup of the day

So.... this past Sunday I just decided (blithely) to 'try' that Sacred Heart Diet for one week.

We will have veggies, we will have fruit. Yay! Heck, even at least 3 bananas one of the days. Double Yay! We will have a baked potato and butter, and eventually we will have large portions of BEEF. Yuuuuum for my tum..... How bad can it be?

This is how bad: You want it so bad, then you eat it and you can't stand to look at it again for a while, then you want it and then you can't stand to look at it... etc. etc.

All I can say is the last time I felt this way about anything, I was in my 20's, dyed my hair blond, and disco WASN'T dead yet.



*After one week, I am down 11 lbs. Mostly all water, but heck I feel lighter, and better. Two days off and I'm doin' it again..... and....I don't 'disco' anymore. Haven't for years. Just had to clarify.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time