Thursday, March 20, 2008

rocky neck state park


rocky neck state park
Originally uploaded by coquet's cache
Rocky Neck has been a place I can 'go on vacation without ever leaving.' It's that sort of little spot that isn't well known, but has a little of everything, in a convenient location. There are two bath houses, one at each end of the long cresent shaped beach, and lots of parking. If you want to cook out, there are dozens of nice bbq spots with metal grills planted in the ground.. some of them overlooking the ocean. Quite lovely.

With the current plans to move on my mind, I have begun to try and figure out where I want to be for the next dozen or so years. What is the place I like the best, and why. Florida feels like home to me, but it's not practical to make that move. The beach here in Connecticut is calling me, and at least do-able.

1 comment:

Margiana said...

Yes... beaches!

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time