Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Building 7


DVC00154
Originally uploaded by coquet's cache
Here's the front door to our building.


Getting prequalified for a mortgage puts things in perspective. And it made me question my decision to move. I can't duplicate this qualitly of life if I own my own home here in Norwich. But I also will need different living arrangements.

Rents have become more expensive than mortgages this past year. Economically it makes sense to get a little place now.

I certainly will miss living in a quiet building with nice neighbors. I'll miss the new inground pool and pool house. I'll miss the conveniences.

I won't miss having to share my bathroom, and no place to sit down and eat a meal. I won't miss the lack of storage.

Another, bigger apartment will literally be the same as a mortgage with the taxes and ins. rolled in.

2 comments:

Margiana said...

That is also why we decided to buy an apartment.. the rent prices are high and if I have to pay...well.. better pay for something that you can also own. Good luck.

Jules said...

Well good luck with the new place. And YAY for new places and fresh faces!

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time