Tuesday, February 12, 2008

deal breaker?

Most often, we use the example of finding one needle in a haystack to illustrate that special, rare case among mediocraty... and the effort needed to find it. This is how I think of my facility... the one I may need to leave for good. The one it took me ten years and 8 different jobs to find. And more than only one, in fact 'one hundred' fantastic, caring, capable certified nurses aides all in one place, under one roof. We joke and call it the mystical manor, but really it isn't mystical at all. It's a place with many consciencious caring workers. It defies the '20% of people doing 80% of the work' rule... flips it around, and truely there are very few who don't pull their weight.

Everwhere else I go, I am doing good to see one or two in the entire place, all 3 shifts combined. Please don't get me started on why things are this way, or what can be done about it. My official statement on THAT is: "You can't handle the truth."

So, I was informed that I cannot work at my old facility per diem (where I have 3 years invested) any more if I accept the job at the sister facility due to possible incurring of the dreaded OVERTIME.

And my car is still sitting across town, waiting for a 'precat'. Whatever.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time