Tuesday, April 15, 2008

hologram horrors


hologram
Originally uploaded by coquet's cache
The tightly wound electric buzz in this picture is as close as I can come to illustrate how my brain has been on fire since around 8 pm yesterday.

At work, I (once again) misspoke and finished my evening in a very foul mood. This is the second time in a couple of months that I put my foot in my mouth. *ptewie!*.

What in The Sam Hill is happening? Cuz I really KNOW that I'm smarter than that! How do I know? Because in all the years doing this job, I've never had a problem with it, never had to explain my statements to the boss, etc. etc. Why now?

So yes, I am really confused and a little bit worried. I don't want to quit and be jobless again. But if I do go elsewhere, I don't want to leave because of something I said.

*edited to add that there wasn't any reprocussion when I got in on Wednesday. Way to go ruining my day off with worry over nothing.

No comments:

What's the story?

During the past 46 years, I've lived in Connecticut. I've traveled up and around the U.S. and to Puerto Rico, and loved every minute. I've had 4 children who are now fantastically talented adult artists and comedians. I've been married and then divorced and then engaged and then single and finally *big sigh* content. I've grown into a darn good nurse, cook, seamstress, and Mom.

Maybe one of these days I'll get this 'writing' thing down, too.

About Me

My photo
I am where I do and am not where I don't. Not what I was or will be, just 'me'.

fleee-ker

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mobyclick. Make your own badge here.

booty

  • cookbooks
  • offbeat music
  • vintage household items

time